Search

Saturday 17 November 2018

Wooden Boxes

Another quick update, this time on another awesome second hand model. I just got it varnished (just to be sure), so I thought I'd share it with you guys. I present to you, a Khorne Berzerkers / World Eaters rhino:

Notice anything yet?


"Nice greenstuffing there, but what makes this so special?", you may ask. Well, first of it's completely scratch built. Secondly, it's made out of wood. I bought this from the same guy I got the Rogue Trader Dreadnought that made an appearance in the earlier post (also bunch of variant armour marines, but I haven't painted those yet). It was made by a friend of his back in the day who had quit the hobby and given all his stuff to the guy I bought it from. I don't play chaos or have chaos army (anymore - I had a second hand Chaos Space Marine army but I didn't have time for them and they didn't really tickle my fancy so I sold most of them to a friend). I have a couple of units, but that's it. Anyway, this was too cool to pass up in my opinion.


See? Wood.

Now, I fall firmly on the "if it's there you're supposed to paint it" camp when it comes to stuff like bottoms of tanks, so the bare plywood does elicit bit of a cringe from me, but in this instance I'm not going to do anything but the already completed varnish for the model. I don't want to tamper with such a cool old scratch build.

No comments:

Post a Comment