Search

Saturday 24 November 2018

Trouble in the Underhive

Suzy and the Slayers faced the off against the Red Groin Rags from House Orlock. Despite deployement rivaling any Imperial bureaucrat and even the House leaders sending the gang a new Juve Anthea, the rags quickly found better firing positions than the slayers and proceeded to pepper them with waves of pinning weapons fire and all too many explosions. Ripper Jack De Felici managed to drop Kasumi after entagling her with his chains. The favour was soon returned though when Helga flattened Smokes Del Giorno with her heavy stubber. Anja spent most of the encounter locked in long range duel with Autogun Edwin, receiving much more than she gave in return, fortunately staying on her feet despite several bullet wounds. Unfortunately for the slayers Iron Hand Di Bernardi blasted Rosa and Irina off their heels with his blasting charge. When this was followed by underhive fauna (lured in the by the Groin Rags' unwashed loincloths) beating Eri senseless, Suzy made the wise and prudent choice to advance to better defensive positions and the gang legged it, leaving the worthless wasteland to the Orlocks. Luckily enough, only Irina was forced into bedrest with everyone else making a full recovery.

"Pinned" was the word of the day.
 Yesterday I had a Necromunda game at my FLGS - there's a store campaign going on for the control of the Myhr Manz sector of Underhive (Tietäjät tietää - an ancient finnish proverb). I was facing off against Red Groin Rags from House Orlock. The orlock player won the roll off and got the better table edge and caused me great problems with his grenade launcher, but I held my own until my girls started getting pinned left and right and dropping like flies and after getting three gangers and one champion out of action (luckily none of them were permanently maimed or died) and one ganger severely wounded I decided to cut my losses and bottled. Fair's fair and I lost - my gang was weaker (not by much though, to be fair) and made some errors I could have avoided (deployed Helga and her Heavy Stubber in the wrong spot for example, which lead to many turns of wasted shooting), but I do think out terrain was working against me a bit. There was a Killteam game going on at the same time as our match and they had arrived earlier and taken most of the suitable terrain, which left our board somewhat lacking in height and with wide open areas which meant it was difficult for me to close the distance and favoured the opposing gangs well entrentched shooters. Fun was had though, which is the main thing, and luckily none of the ladies dies. Now I just need to paint a new Juve before the next match!

No comments:

Post a Comment