Search

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Red and black leopard spots

I have recently acquired an Eldar army. Not just any Eldar though! They're an old force packed with conversions, and frankly mind blowing old school paintjobs. This army would be one of those where I intend to keep the paintjobs. Infact, I bought them specifically because of those paintjobs. The schemes change a bit, the two major parts are a funky black and red leopard scheme with lots of blending to whites and yellows, and the other is a vibrant orange scheme. Some units and single minis have different schemes, but the majority are in one of those schemes.

These Wraithlords were mostly in pieces and needed some small paint fixes, but the work was fairly minor.

These are examples of the second scheme. The one in the middle was WIP (though mostly done) which I finished, the other two were in that condition when I got them.


The guy I bought them from was selling them on behalf of someone else who had bought them in an estate sale. The seller said he suspected it was an army passed from father to son or older brother to younger brother based on the paintjobs, but didn't know more about their origin. My plan is to restore them to the best of my ability and then run them as Ynnari along with some Dark Eldar and Harlequins (mostly newer stuff) I've also gotten. The ultimate aim is to actually expand the army after that, altough if I'm being honest the prospect is pretty daunting. It's definately worth it though. Same goes for fixing the army.

Some of the minis before any restoration.

Minis and bits.

More minis. Note the Exodite Knight conversions.

This will be an awesome project, and I'm very pleased about aquiring these.


No comments:

Post a Comment