Search

Sunday 9 December 2018

Another bright eyed youth chosen by the thug life

This weekend I finally managed to take the time to convert and paint a mini for the latest addition to the Slayers, a juve named Anthea. She's been proxied by another, dead, juve for the last two matches because I didn't have a mini for her, but that's sorted now.

Front

Back

It's a fairly simple conversion, just a weapon swap and new hair and skirt from green stuff/milliput (I mix them together, gets the best of both worlds). The skirt ended up a bit on the scrappy side, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Besides, it's not like they have good clothes in the underhive anyway, right? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The original miniature

Front before paint

Back before paint


This is the first time I've ever done anything but basic assembly or slot filling, etc.with either green stuff of milliput (My previous conversions have pretty much all been kitbashes, bit swaps or pose changes, which don't require any sculpting - such as it is), and I definately feel like I've learned more about it. Still very difficult though, and I continue to be baffled by the stuff some people put out. The skirt turned out a bit rough, and kinda looks like some sort of weird puffy trousers when viewed from the front, but the hair turned out much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment