Search

Sunday 23 September 2018

Setting up a Lair

Alrighty then. This is the first of what I hope to be many posts about the things I do on my free time. Mostly this will focus on miniatures (particularily of the Oldhammer variety) and miniature games, but I'll also be writing about other things such as boardgames from time to time.

The reason for setting up a blog is mostly to document the things I do, and also to get things going on the hobby front again - I haven't really been "feeling it" all that much lately when it comes to minis and though this might serve as an interesting way to change that. I've never run a blog before, altough I did used to have a plog (project log) of dubious quality on Warseer.com, but several factors including but not limited to; Warseer suffering several months long periods of downtime, my being self conscious about my painting being horrible, being forced into bed rest for nearly two months due to badly breaking my ankle in February 2017, and Warseer's general slow burning death, led to me abandoning the plog entirely. My painting is still not all that good, but it is better than it used to be and I'm less self conscious about it. I will also be posting pictures of minis not painted by me and also only partially painted or fixed by me aswell, since I tend to keep the paintjobs on second hand minis that are painted well enough unless I have something specific in mind for them. Sometimes I also get minis specifically for the paintjobs. This has been an introduction of sorts, which I will be following with a proper mini post either later today, or in a few days if I get stuck doing other things.





It seems pictures are all the rage these days, so here's one of my painting station.

No comments:

Post a Comment